MGM Resorts International (MGM) announced on Monday it will host the 2012 Women’s Leadership Conference.
The gathering, open to women of all ethnicities, professions and social backgrounds, will take place Aug. 14-15 at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
"As more and more women ascend to leadership roles nationally and globally, in business, in elected office, in our communities and in all phases of our lives, empowerment of women is a surging phenomenon, now and into our future," said Phyllis A. James, the company’s executive vice president and chief diversity officer.
The company noted that according to the U.S. Department of Labor, women are estimated to account for 51.2 percent of the increase in total labor force growth between 2008 and 2018. In 2010, women comprised 46.8 percent of the total U.S. labor force.
The conference will feature diverse and nationally recognized speakers and accomplished women role models and career coaches, as well as provide a forum for small group dialogue and individual networking among highly-motivated conference attendees.
The early registration fee for conference participants is $415.
DOG RACING DYING
During the 1960’s and 70’s, greyhound racing flourished in many states throughout the country. But, that was before the spread of casino gambling. Now, casinos are feeling the impact of over-abundance while most dog tracks have been shuttered.
- Angels could mess up A's and Dodgers match
- A look at my pro football statistics formula
- Follow GamingToday on Twitter
- GamingToday Casino Games and Poker
- 20th race in NASCAR season is Brickyard 400
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- NFC East figures to be the wildest crapshoot
- I'm betting Colts, Eagles and Saints in pro football
- Like GamingToday on Facebook