MGM Resorts International (MGM) announced on Monday it will host the 2012 Women’s Leadership Conference.
The gathering, open to women of all ethnicities, professions and social backgrounds, will take place Aug. 14-15 at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
"As more and more women ascend to leadership roles nationally and globally, in business, in elected office, in our communities and in all phases of our lives, empowerment of women is a surging phenomenon, now and into our future," said Phyllis A. James, the company’s executive vice president and chief diversity officer.
The company noted that according to the U.S. Department of Labor, women are estimated to account for 51.2 percent of the increase in total labor force growth between 2008 and 2018. In 2010, women comprised 46.8 percent of the total U.S. labor force.
The conference will feature diverse and nationally recognized speakers and accomplished women role models and career coaches, as well as provide a forum for small group dialogue and individual networking among highly-motivated conference attendees.
The early registration fee for conference participants is $415.
- Who will get 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup title?
- No lack of UFC talent chasing Jon Jones
- Sunset and LVH SuperBook host football seminars
- GamingToday’s Beat the Big Dog football contest
- GamingToday Casino Games and Poker
- Follow GamingToday on Twitter
- NCAA Football Preview I: Auburn can't crack top 20
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- Like GamingToday on Facebook