Las Vegas AP reporter moves on to be news editor for HawaiiMarch 26, 2012 7:36 PM by Ray Poirier
Oskar Garcia, who for the past four years has served as the Associated Press representative in Las Vegas, is moving on as the news editor for Hawaii and the Pacific Rim.
The AP announcement was made by Traci Carl, regional editor for the West.
Garcia, 30, who studied journalism at the University of California, Santa Barbara, covered all gaming activities during his Las Vegas stint, from the growth of poker to the financial problems incurred by the casinos during the recent recession.
Based in Honolulu, Garcia will oversee Hawaii’s staff and statewide coverage, as well as Guam, American Samoa and Saipan.
- NFL upside surprises - like the Giants and Cowboys
- GamingToday Casino Games and Poker
- Irish eyes will smile with our Notre Dame analysis
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- Penske and Hendrick top NASCAR teams
- GamingToday's Bookies Battle the Point Spreads
- Follow GamingToday on Twitter
- GamingToday’s Beat the Big Dog football contest
- Like GamingToday on Facebook