Oskar Garcia, who for the past four years has served as the Associated Press representative in Las Vegas, is moving on as the news editor for Hawaii and the Pacific Rim.
The AP announcement was made by Traci Carl, regional editor for the West.
Garcia, 30, who studied journalism at the University of California, Santa Barbara, covered all gaming activities during his Las Vegas stint, from the growth of poker to the financial problems incurred by the casinos during the recent recession.
Based in Honolulu, Garcia will oversee Hawaii’s staff and statewide coverage, as well as Guam, American Samoa and Saipan.
- GamingToday’s Beat the Big Dog football contest
- GamingToday Casino Games and Poker
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- NCAA Football Preview I: Auburn can't crack top 20
- Sunset and LVH SuperBook host football seminars
- No lack of UFC talent chasing Jon Jones
- Who will get 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup title?
- Follow GamingToday on Twitter
- Like GamingToday on Facebook