Oskar Garcia, who for the past four years has served as the Associated Press representative in Las Vegas, is moving on as the news editor for Hawaii and the Pacific Rim.
The AP announcement was made by Traci Carl, regional editor for the West.
Garcia, 30, who studied journalism at the University of California, Santa Barbara, covered all gaming activities during his Las Vegas stint, from the growth of poker to the financial problems incurred by the casinos during the recent recession.
Based in Honolulu, Garcia will oversee Hawaii’s staff and statewide coverage, as well as Guam, American Samoa and Saipan.
Recently, Chinese officials have been emphasizing the need to scrutinize gambling activities in Macau to be sure money laundering is not taking place. This has prompted the various Macau casino operators to increase their vigilance regarding the illegal activity.
- Can California Chrome win Kentucky Derby?
- NHL altered divisional and playoff format
- Churchill Downs increases take out
- 2014 Kentucky Derby Top 22 Point Getters
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- Follow GamingToday on Twitter
- Can anyone in the NBA apply Heat like Miami Heat?
- GamingToday Casino Games and Poker
- Like GamingToday on Facebook