Oskar Garcia, who for the past four years has served as the Associated Press representative in Las Vegas, is moving on as the news editor for Hawaii and the Pacific Rim.
The AP announcement was made by Traci Carl, regional editor for the West.
Garcia, 30, who studied journalism at the University of California, Santa Barbara, covered all gaming activities during his Las Vegas stint, from the growth of poker to the financial problems incurred by the casinos during the recent recession.
Based in Honolulu, Garcia will oversee Hawaii’s staff and statewide coverage, as well as Guam, American Samoa and Saipan.
The mixed sounds of anticipation and impatience are everywhere as gaming company executives peer toward the future and some looming opportunities. Wynn Resorts senior executive Matt Maddox put it nicely during a recent conversation with financial analysts.
- GamingToday Casino Games and Poker
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- Jaguars one of the hottest teams in the AFC
- Follow GamingToday on Twitter
- GamingToday Sports Betting News
- Strategies for winning during college bowl season
- Blackhawks turn to Raanta with Crawford injured
- Exploring how weather affects football betting
- Good, bad and ugly NBA basketball surprises
- Like GamingToday on Facebook