Shuffle Master announces acquisition of Fire Bet from HopBetJanuary 16, 2012 8:30 PM by Ray Poirier
Shuffle Master, Inc., has announced that it has acquired Fire Bet, a craps side bet, from HopBet Inc. No financial information relative to the acquisition price was given.
The propriety side bet has some 330 installations in the U.S., the company reported.
"This is truly one of the elite products in table games," said Roger Snow, executive vice president of Shuffle Master.
"You can count on one hand the number of side bets that have ever demonstrated the popularity and longevity that Fire Bet has. This acquisition is a continuation of our strategy to build our intellectual property portfolio," he said.
IN THE COURTS
Sports betting at Monmouth Park racetrack in New Jersey, which was to begin on Sunday, was blocked by a federal judge who granted the temporary injunction requested by four major U.S. professional sports leagues and the NCAA.
- Ryan Newman biggest mover on Vegas odds boards
- Follow GamingToday on Twitter
- Be part of the Breeders' Cup seminars
- GamingToday's Bookies Battle the Point Spreads
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- Vegas sports books get ready for the NBA season
- GamingToday Casino Games and Poker
- GamingToday's Beat the Big Dog football contest
- Like GamingToday on Facebook