Shuffle Master, Inc., has announced that it has acquired Fire Bet, a craps side bet, from HopBet Inc. No financial information relative to the acquisition price was given.
The propriety side bet has some 330 installations in the U.S., the company reported.
"This is truly one of the elite products in table games," said Roger Snow, executive vice president of Shuffle Master.
"You can count on one hand the number of side bets that have ever demonstrated the popularity and longevity that Fire Bet has. This acquisition is a continuation of our strategy to build our intellectual property portfolio," he said.
Recently, Chinese officials have been emphasizing the need to scrutinize gambling activities in Macau to be sure money laundering is not taking place. This has prompted the various Macau casino operators to increase their vigilance regarding the illegal activity.
- Follow GamingToday on Twitter
- Can anyone in the NBA apply Heat like Miami Heat?
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- NHL altered divisional and playoff format
- 2014 Kentucky Derby Top 22 Point Getters
- GamingToday Casino Games and Poker
- Churchill Downs increases take out
- Can California Chrome win Kentucky Derby?
- Like GamingToday on Facebook